October 2018 Newsletter
NEWS AND EVENTS
2018 EVENTS CALENDAR
(As of 9/24)
- 10/10 – The 24thAnnual ANA Regional Art Exhibition - Shipped Artwork begins to be shipped back to artist with prepaid return.
- 10/18 – Monthly Art Education Meeting (formerly called the Monthly Meeting): Please join us at the Springdale Senior Activity Center, 203 Park St., Springdale from 6:30pm -8:00pm. Sean LeCrone, artist who lives in Little Rock, AR will present the program. Please make every effort to attend as he traveling here just for this event. LeCrone’s subject matter is found from direct experience; his paintings are about Arkansas now. They address quiet moments in the face of Arkansas’ increasing urbanization, and offer meditative space for his viewers to reflect on the richness of the land’s heritage. Painting in the tradition of Plein Air, like the Impressionists, he is also concerned with the quality of light, in how it changes and influences the surrounding colors. Although LeCrone’s work is steeped in tradition, his underpaintings often utilize modern colors such as florescent-pink. At times, these colors are not entirely concealed across the canvas. It is in these moments, when the timeless quality is interrupted, that both a contemporary time period and the nature of painting itself are revealed, by allowing the illusion to be dismantled and instantly restored. See examples above this calendar.
- 10/24 – 10/27 - Watercolor workshop by Dwight Rose titled “Watercolor Impressions”. Learn the guidelines for watercolor painting made easy through a step by step solution in interpreting the landscape from numerous photos. Times: 9:30 to 4:00 daily except Friday which will start at 10:30. Location: The Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, 2925 Old Missouri Road, Fayetteville, AR 72701. MAP Price $300 limited to the first 15 participants. Gary Johnson will be the coordinator (964-680-7040). Click here to sign up and pay, plus see more information about this class.
- 11/15 – Monthly Art Education Meeting (formerly called the Monthly Meeting): Unless changed the meeting will be from 1:00 pm – 2:30pm at St. Thomas Episcopal Church in Springdale. Details and changes coming here and MAP.
- 12/5 – Entry Deadline for ANA Members’ Show. For more info, click here.
- Christmas Party: Date, time, details, and MAP will be provided once this is finalized.
Thank you to our workshop sponsor: